Senior Financial Analyst
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
How you’ll make an impact:
The Senior Financial Analyst role is responsible for driving strategic and analytical for retail field teams. This role will partner with key leaders to manage our budgets for our ~1,000 and growing store fleet. This role provides a unique, hands-on opportunity to be a critical player in analyzing, informing, and making recommendations to drive profitability.
This role reports into the Store Operations teams and Retail Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) & is based in our Atlanta office in our hybrid work environment.
- 40%: Planning, forecasting, and budgeting
- Own the budgeting and forecasting for all ~1,000 Carter’s North American retail stores while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Running scenario analysis to determine impact of business decisions
- Testing new methodologies / refinements forecasting methodology
- Own the long range budget plan for store payroll factoring in wage competition, federal/state requirements, and overall business strategy shifts
- 30%: Drive performance in store budgets/payroll expense
- Maintain alignment between the budget and the Legion WFM system
- Lead analysis using quantitative techniques and big data sources - formulate clear insights and actionable recommendations for field leaders
- Own monthly field Census and Wage reporting, analysis, and yearly tier structure optimization recommendations
- Partner with other cross-functional teams and field to recommend solutions to further drive incremental profitability and improve the customer experience
- 30%: Business partner support
- Act as primary resource for retail payroll budget operations analysis and reporting support
- Drive payroll risk mitigation tactics to come in under budget when variances arise in partnership with store ops and the field
- Develop visualizations to provide meaningful and interpretive formats for all audience levels (including senior executive level)
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Strategic leadership experience in analytics to drive big data storytelling, visualization, and automation
- Proficient and proven accuracy in historical and proactive analytics and tools, preferably retail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including building and maintaining complex financial models
- Experience in building, optimizing, and executing Business Intelligence data platforms and data migration
- Proven ability to manage, plan, organize and execute reporting in a time bound setting
- Financial acumen with knowledge of basic and advanced retail fundamentals
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Retail Finance experience required
- 2-5 years of retail analytics and reporting experience or related work experience required
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience with building and executing on business intelligence platforms (i.e., Tableau, Workforces Management Systems, etc.)
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset to lead key meetings and maintain partnership with several departments
- Knowledge of project planning and agile work-stream management
- Passion for continuous growth and development both personally and organizationally
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR13100