Senior Manager, Compliance
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
The Senior Manager, Compliance will be responsible for developing and implementing effective compliance programs, policies and procedures as well as ensure the company’s adherence to relevant laws, regulations and industry standards.
This role reports to the VP, Associate General Counsel and is based in our Buckhead office in our hybrid work environment (3-4 days a week onsite).
- 40%: Manage the Company’s compliance systems including third-party due diligence; privacy requests; disclosures; policy management; and ethics and compliance intake
- 10%: Develop and deploy ethics and compliance training, including development of annual training calendar, coordinating with training needs of other functions, managing training vendors, and monitoring completion
- 10%: Identify and implement strategies to monitor, respond to, and further expand and refine the use of the Company’s ethics and compliance hotline tool. Ensure Company’s global compliance goals are met and that Compliance Committee members remain aware of and mitigate identified risks
- 10%: Prepare detailed gap analysis of current compliance practices against new regulatory requirements; assist with development and tracking of remediation plans through completion; and produce timely reporting
- 10%: Provide analytics, guidance and education regarding data, information, and trends concerning third-party due diligence, ethics and compliance hotline best practices and benchmarks, and policy management
- 5%: Collaborate with internal business partners to ensure that departmental and company-wide policies are reviewed and, if necessary, revised on an annual basis to ensure compliance with internal policies and federal, state, and local requirements
- 5%: Provide guidance and support to all functional areas regarding ethics and compliance issues including policy interpretation and requirements, compliance risk assessments, trend analyses and best practice recommendations
- 10%: Manage the Corporate Social Responsibility, Social Compliance and legal budgets including establishing annual budget, updating budgets for actuals and forecasts, monthly budget reporting, and other requests from finance as required
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- 5+ years of relevant corporate compliance and ethics experience or the functional equivalent including experience in the following areas: ethics and compliance program development, policy development, project management, training and awareness, program analytics/metrics, 3rd party due diligence and conflict of interest review
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present training materials and develop communications and supporting materials
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to perform root cause analysis
- Proven effectiveness in identifying, developing and implementing scalable/sustainable process and other continuous improvements to achieve organization efficiencies and increase effectiveness
- Demonstrated project management skills, ability and willingness to work independently, effective time management skills, and strong attention to detail
Preferred skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of relevant ethics and compliance issues, laws and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and manage dockets and deadlines
- Internal audit or similar experience preferred
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional designation preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
OUR TEAM MEMBERS:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
MAKE A CAREER AT CARTER’S:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.