Senior Manager Payroll - Hybrid
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
How you’ll make an impact:
Responsible for managing Carter’s North America and International payrolls, deductions and associated taxes accordingly. The associate will provide exceptional customer service by driving team process improvements and responding timely to requests and questions regarding payroll, reporting, tax, and benefit deductions.
This role typical reports into the Director, Financial Shared Services, has 5 direct reports and is based in our Buckhead office in our hybrid work environment.
Payroll Processing - 70%
- Manage the U.S. and International payroll team to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions.
- Work collaboratively with HR, HR Shared Services, Benefits, IT, and external providers to develop efficient payroll processes and seamless services to internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to support a control environment to support payroll processing accuracy.
- Ensure continuous compliance for all payroll processing functions.
- Management of all international payroll processes (Canada, Asia, and future countries) to include review and reconciliation of payroll from employee master data to recording of payroll into the general ledger. Work with regional financial leaders to ensure that payroll is setup with proper local requirements and internal controls.
- Develop a strategy to capture and respond to all inquiries and issues related to payroll processing.Establish SLA’s with operations, HR, and Finance to resolve inquires timely and accurately.
- Manage the setup of Workday payroll system including: earning codes, deduction codes, memo codes, accumulators and tax configuration.
- Maintain regular KPIs of payroll processes internal and external.Utilize KPI metrics and results to drive process improvements across the organization.
- Create a culture of "Customer Centric" focus that will be the basis of making decisions and communicating changes across the organization.
- Maintain documentation of all payroll SOPs ensuring consistent & repeatable processes.
- Provide continuous training to the payroll staff and set expectations of continued technical growth.Set all staff up for internal growth within organization.
- Create ad-hoc reports on demand for internal and external business partners.
Legal Compliance and Internal Controls - 10%
- Facilitate complete, accurate and timely filing of annual tax returns including W2s, 941s, etc.
- Maintain standards for compliant reporting and recording of all garnishment, lien and child support demands.
- Act as the key liaison for internal and external payroll related audits.
- Implement controls where needed to ensure accuracy of processes and financial statement reporting.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including SOX and regulatory compliance.
Payroll Tax - 10%
- Manage tax requirements for each location in the United States and for international locations.
- Monitor in partnership with OSV tax team facilitating notices received.Provide continuous review of all taxes under OSV responsibility.
- Maintain payment schedules for all taxes not directly processed by OSV.
- Establish tax configuration standards with HR Shared Services team, ensuring accurate application of all Federal, State and local tax requirements.
- Participate in monthly reconciliation meetings with Payroll Tax & Accounting to clear any variances. Partner with Payroll Tax & Accounting to ensure tax inquiries, payments, and all necessary documents are filed timely with all international governmental authorities. Be the local country subject matter expert.
- Facilitate complete, accurate and timely filing of all tax and statutory required documents for each country.
System Implementation - Process improvement - 10%
- Manage system implementations for Payroll and leverage tools, reporting and KPIs from financial and payroll systems (ie: Workday, Dayforce and Legion).
- Continuously implement process improvements.
We’d Love to hear from you if:
- Proven ability to implement process improvements, lead project initiatives and develop policy and procedures in conjunction with HR and Benefits
- Payroll domestic and Canada and multi state; payroll tax
- Developing, managing and leading teams to success
Preferred skills and experience:
- Direct management of payroll coordinators for weekly, bi-weekly, exempt and non-exempt payrolls.
- Oversight of all US and Canada payroll activities for 6 legal entities and for International entities.
- Manage/Participate in internal Payroll-HRMS conversions, system upgrades, and acquisitions.
- Manage and maintain operating budget for payroll operations.
- Ability to set standards, measure results and coach teams to high performance
- Strong knowledge of accounting related to payroll processing.Understanding the process from time capture to posting labor to the general ledger.
- Advanced Excel skills, strong database knowledge and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated, organized, and effectively achieves team goals
- Excellent team player who works well in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work effectively with external partners as well as internal employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate independent, objective, open-minded thinking with strong attention to detail and sound judgement
- Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting or Finance degree preferred
- Minimum of 8+ years Payroll experience (CPP Preferred)
- Minimum of 3+ years management experience required.
- Experience with maintaining and managing an in-house payroll operation for 20,000+ employees handling weekly and bi-weekly payrolls preferred.
- Experience handling international payrolls across different countries.
- Experience handling executive compensation for a public company required.
- Experience using Workday payroll applications, experience with Workday a plus.
- Experience managing payroll tax compliance for all 50 states and international entities. Ability to handle local jurisdiction requirements required both in the US, Canada and abroad.
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowessH
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR14258