Senior Manager, Strategic Store Initiatives
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
How you’ll make an impact:
Are you a dynamic and strategic leader with a proven track record of driving innovative retail initiatives? We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional to join our team as the Senior Manager of Strategic Store Initiatives. In this highly visible role, you will play a key part in shaping the future of our retail operations by developing and implementing strategic initiatives that enhance the overall in-store experience. As a visionary leader, you will collaborate cross-functionally to identify opportunities for improvement, optimize operational efficiency, and drive growth through innovative store-focused strategies. If you thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and possess a passion for transforming retail landscapes, we invite you to apply and be a driving force in shaping the future success of our organization.
30% Product Ownership for Store Technology
- Product Leader for all associate-facing software and hardware in US & Canada Retail Stores (POS, Omnichannel, Associate Tasking Apps, Handheld Devices & Printers).
- Deeply understand the field and business needs to align on a prioritized product vision and strategy.
- Build and execute feature enhancement roadmaps to reduce tasking and drive a better associate experience.
- Coordinate with IT partners to ensure successful development, testing and launch of features and enhancements.
- Build training materials and communication plans for features and enhancements roll-outs.
- Consistently track and publish KPIs to measure the impact of owned products.
25% Strategic Financial Analysis
- Ownership over the $100M+ Store Operations budget, with responsibility for planning, forecasting, and analysis in partnership with Retail Finance
- Responsible for the design, financial modeling, and implementation of a next generation labor model
- Leadership for all key deliverables to Retail Finance on matters relating to Retail Stores (Annual Budget, Quarterly Updates, Long-Range Plan, Earnings Calls, etc.)
- Responsible for developing compliance and monitoring programs to ensure proper expense controls.
- Lead operations and management of Travel & Expense budgets for the Field and Home Office
25% Own Operational Implementation for Project Reimagine
- Project Reimagine is a cross-functional initiative to completely transform the customer experience within our retail store locations.
- Day to Day Store Operations lead for all Project Reimagine test initiatives (17+ Tests impacting over 400 stores); proactively escalate possible business and operational risks & potential solutions to leadership.
- Own and oversee execution of comprehensive project plan and timeline for each test/initiative to ensure timely execution of milestones from home office & store teams.
- Own Communication & Change Management with field leadership and stores taking part in each test.
- Develop and implement future RFID use cases (ie: Refill, POS, AP, etc) to maximize business case returns.
- Leadership over the RFID program, with nearly 1000 locations executing weekly scans in store.
- Product Management over the 3rd party RFID app, influencing product strategy and feature enhancements.
- Build, align and execute the RFID roadmap ensuring maximum return on investment.
- Responsible for coordinating with Inventory Control, Supply Chain, AP, and Sourcing to investigate variances, direct workflow and optimize the program.
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- 6+ years of Retail, Finance, Strategy, Consulting, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or a related field.
- Strong analytical acumen and ability to evaluate business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results.
- Experience with Executive level communications; Ability to synthesize and communicate results clearly and effectively.
- Experience and passion for hiring, building and developing top talent.
- The ability to prioritize effectively for self and team while balancing feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Highly proficient in developing strong relationships with all levels of the business.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues.
- Experience in developing strategic recommendations with tradeoff, ROI, and other cost-benefit measures.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the fundamentals of an Omnichannel retail business
Preferred skills and experience:
- Creative and customer focused; ability to develop practical yet innovative solutions.
- Ability to lead courageously - not afraid to speak frankly, offer new ideas, take calculated risks, and support positive change.
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.