Sourcing Manager, Indirect Procurement
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
How you’ll make an impact:
The Strategic Sourcing Manager, Indirect Procurement is responsible for managing the procurement process for assigned categories, to ensure efficiency and value in the acquisition of goods and services for all Carter’s business units.
This role typical reports into the VP Indirect Procurement and is based in our Buckhead office in our hybrid work environment.
40%: Strategic Sourcing
- Proactively identify, develop, and execute on sourcing opportunities driving value, risk reduction, enhanced business outcomes and process improvements, meeting current and future business and category needs
- Manage the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including spend analysis, RFx, bid evaluation, negotiations, contract review, and supplier on/off boarding.
- Develop negotiation strategies, gain alignment from stakeholders, lead cross-functional, category-based negotiation teams, and implementing appropriate supplier risk analysis.
30%: Supplier Management
- Manage the ongoing performance of our suppliers including setting objectives and service level agreements (SLAs) tracking, reporting performance, and leading continuous improvement efforts.
- Prepare and coordinate business reviews with stakeholders to review supplier performance, future opportunities, and/or challenges.
- Manage contracts, contract negotiation, and contractual dispute resolutions.
30%: Category Management
- Establish trusting relationships with senior level leadership and internal business partners; building a robust understanding of strategic direction, requirements, and priorities across spend categories.
- Bring new ideas, methods, and approaches to stakeholders. Leverage expertise to challenge the status quo and drive decisions and actions necessary to improve business processes.
- Develop strategies to support ESG initiatives including Supplier Diversity and Sustainability.
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Delivered value and savings by leading vendor and category management, including RFx’s.
- Experience managing Information Technology, Transportation, Supply Chain, and/or Marketing categories.
- Experience developing and executing successful negotiation strategies.
- 4-year degree in engineering, economics, finance, or related field; MBA a plus.
- Total cost of ownership (TCO)analysis.
- Knowledge of Source-to-Pay, eSourcing and contract management tools.
- Driven, resourceful, and able to balance multiple priorities.
- Influential communicator, listens conscientiously, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others.
- Able to work independently and complete tasks on-time with minimal oversight.
- Proficient understanding of contract terms and contract management.
- Able to take loosely defined requirements, interpret needs, and provide recommendations.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience managing direct reports is a plus.
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.