Specialist/Clerk General DC - 2nd Shift
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MOST IMPORTANT FOR THE JOB)
* Responsible for being the subject matter expert and dedicated resource to their assigned
* Use the reporting provided for proper execution of all operational process for their assigned,
* Creates and maintain distribution files
* Research and fixes error reports
* Maintains department records
* Files documents
* Submits adjustments to correct inventory as needed
* Responsible for observing housekeeping, safety and C-TPAT compliance in assigned area of
* Work with business partners, Wave Planning, Inventory, and Training to ensure the adherence
of area processes.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MOST IMPORTANT FOR THE JOB)
* Serves as back-up for Operations Trainers and conducts associate training/re-training as
* Support the Coordinator/Supervisor in all duties as assigned including all operational areas of
the Distribution Center
* Perform other tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM COMPENTENCIES REQUIRED FOR JOB
* Microsoft Office skills preferred (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Must have the ability to perform the job with the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
* The ability to use Radio Frequency (RF) equipment and other warehouse management systems, as needed.
* The ability to use basic computer functions as needed.
* Team player willing to perform various job duties to support the department and the facility
objectives and key performance indicators.
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with others (Supervisors, Managers, and peers).
* Basic math and reading skills.
* Must be able to calculate and keep accurate records
* Must have good attendance and work record
* Must be customer service oriented
* Must have the ability to abide by all of Carter’s policies and procedures.
* Must know, understand and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma or a GED preferred, not required
* At least six months in a distribution center environment preferred
PHYSICAL AND WORK DEMANDS
* Must be flexible to work different shifts and extended hours based upon business needs.
* Must be able to stand and work for long periods including daily overtime, holidays and overtime as required.
* Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
* Must be able to repetitively lift cases weighing up to forty pounds.
* Must be able to work in varying temperatures.
* Holiday schedule to be decided by Management.
* Must be available to work overtime during peak periods including days off of normal shift.
* Comply with Blackout Periods (no vacation or personal time allowed) as determined by Management.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR16280