Sr. Product Integrity Analyst - Regulatory & Compliance
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
The Product Integrity Senior Analyst is part of a dynamic team, critical to Carter’s Supply Chain, that is challenged with keeping up to date on safety, regulatory and sustainability requirements for domestic and international markets. This role reports to Product Integrity Senior Manager, Testing and Compliance and is based in our Atlanta office.
70%: Regulatory & Compliance
- Monitor updates to applicable domestic and international standards/regulations (to include sustainability) for product and packaging and propose plan to leadership for process integration.
- Consult and advise with PI leadership and internal partners for new /updated domestic and international product, packaging, and labeling requirements.
- Provide technical feedback, consultation, and training to strategic partners upon implementation of market-driven innovation. Identify regulatory risks that may compromise achievement of concept and initiate steps to mitigate.
- Manage applicable testing protocols and address testing and testing program concerns for regulatory aspects such as, but not limited to, flammability, labeling, and chemical compliance.
- Analysis and reporting of supplier regulatory testing performance. Organize and deliver recommendations for corrective action to leadership.
- Maintain and update repository of CRI brands labels - provide compliance review of all new and updated labels prior to approval.
- Cross-functional Point-person for domestic Law label registration and renewal.
- Maintain chemical testing data for state reporting and oversee state reporting, as needed.
- Internal training and consultation of all regulatory topics including Restricted Substance List and chemical compliance, Labeling and Children’s sleepwear.
- Support regulatory/compliance-related investigations and Product Integrity/Sustainability analysis as assigned
30%: Product Integrity
- Collaborate/consult with appropriate cross-functional partners to review product designs, samples, and specifications to identify potential regulatory risks and possible mitigation steps.
- Develop understanding of one or more other areas of product integrity and serve as subject-matter expert within the team (e.g., product safety, consumer reviews, quality, testing).
- Communication with customers, suppliers/vendors, and all service providers as assigned.
- On-going maintenance and distribution of internal policies and manuals including Restricted Substance List.
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- 5+ year apparel, engineering, or other industry-related field experience.
- Background in product/apparel testing, chemical and regulations product/packaging preferred.
- Ability to accurately and objectively apply company and regulatory requirements and recognize the importance of acting immediately in all matters of Brand integrity.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to work with repetitive data and use of Excel, Access, Tableau or other software.
- Strong communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Experience with technical review of consumer products.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.