Sr Product Integrity Analyst - Safety, Quality & Testing
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
The Product Integrity Senior Analyst is part of a dynamic team, critical to Carter’s Supply Chain, that is challenged with keeping up to date on safety, regulatory and sustainability requirements for domestic and international markets. This role reports to Product Integrity Senior Manager, Testing and Compliance and is based in our Atlanta office.
- Daily review of incoming test data and disposition of failing results, collaborating with internal partners as needed to arrive decisions for the brand/business as warranted. Communicate to all parties concerning resolution and timing of corrective action.
- Oversee the accuracy of third-party lab test program execution. Escalate issues to leadership and manage program updates with lab.
- Analysis and reporting of vendor testing performance. Organize and deliver recommendations for corrective action to leadership.
- Continually evaluate product testing program, seek out opportunities for program improvements based on changes and updates to regulation, industry practice and internal needs.
40%: Product Safety & Quality
- Investigate reported product safety and quality complaints for products sourced through company supply chain. Maintain tracking files and provide regular analysis to management of potential concerns via incremental reporting.
- Consult and advise with PI leadership and internal partners for new /updated domestic and international product safety standards requirements.
- Support Quality-related investigations as assigned - research testing results, review data and issue new testing requests and testing program update recommendations as needed to assess risk and exposure.
- Provide technical feedback, consultation, and training to strategic partners upon implementation of market-driven innovation. Identify Safety and quality risks that may compromise achievement of concept and initiate steps to mitigate.
20%: Product Integrity
- Collaborate/consult with appropriate cross-functional partners to review product designs, samples, and specifications to identify potential safety, quality and compliance risks and possible mitigation steps seasonally and as requested.
- Develop understanding of one or more other areas of product integrity and serve as subject-matter expert within the team (e.g., chemical management, labeling, regulatory, compliance).
- On-going maintenance and distribution of internal policies and manuals.
- Communication with customers, suppliers/vendors, and all service providers as assigned and necessary.
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- 5+ year apparel, engineering, or other industry-related field experience.
- Background in product testing, apparel preferred.
- Ability to accurately and objectively apply company and regulatory requirements and recognize the importance of acting immediately in all matters of Product Integrity.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to work with repetitive data and use of Excel, Access, Tableau or other software.
- Strong communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Experience with technical review of consumer products.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.