Stock Associate (Part Time) - 24H111
If you are a CURRENT Carter’s employee, you MUST apply through the Internal Career Link within the My Career & Performance app in Workday. Do not apply using the below external application.
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
In partnership with the store team, the stock associate provides support for all aspects of shipping and receiving, stockroom organization, inventory control, and related housekeeping activities. The stock associate partners with the store team in execution of the replenishment process to ensure outstanding customer service and product placement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES MOST IMPORTANT)
- Maintains a strong and genuine customer focus on the sales floor.
- Monitors and adheres to all safety regulation and polices as directed by the company.
- Partners with the store team to maintain company standard of a neat, clean, and organized store.
- Contributes to and supports the team on delivering customer service consistently by engaging talent, encouraging positive customer interactions, and a ready all day store presentation.
- Assists with creating an exceptional shopping experience through the effective organization of the stock room and merchandise flow to the sales floor.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned at any time by management.
- Utilizes Company processes/procedures to effectively maintain merchandising and presentation standards.
- Drives store results through the organization of the stockroom areas to ensure proper, accurate, and timely flow of merchandise to the sales floor.
- Partners with the store team on Loss Prevention and safety awareness within the store and stockroom.
- Ensures accurate pricing of all items through use of markdown audits.
- Ensures product availability on the sales floor through in stock audits.
- Coaches the team in partnership with management on the best practices for shipment, sales floor replenishment, presentation standards, and markdown strategy.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the team.
- Fosters a positive work environment for both internal and external customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of stock/logistics experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, team, and supervisor.
- Retail/specialty apparel knowledge and experience preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a ladder.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
- Availability to meet the needs of the business that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Any availability changes must be approved by the Store Manager and will be approved based on business needs.
- Scheduled working shifts from 3-8 hours in length (applicable state laws apply).
- Minimum number of hours is not guaranteed.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: JR13840