Store Manager - 24H400
If you are a CURRENT Carter’s employee, you MUST apply through the Internal Career Link within the My Career & Performance app in Workday. Do not apply using the below external application.
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
The Store Manager’s (SM) purpose is to lead through Carter’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers top end results. The SM’s responsibility is to drive financial results through exceptional store standards, execution of company strategies, and positive customer interaction. The SM effectively manages all aspects of the store inclusive of customer engagement, operational execution, people management, and merchandising presentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES MOST IMPORTANT)
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the store team, customers, and business partners.
- Fosters a positive work environment and provides direct, objective feedback in a timely manner.
- Creates and maintains a high performing team through consistent recruiting, selection, and development.
- Assess performance and provides feedback daily as well as during the review process.
- Utilizes company tools to train and develop store team to ensure execution of all store operations; addresses performance as needed.
- Adapts management style as necessary to lead and develop team while establishing measurable, attainable and actionable goals.
- Recognizes and rewards exceptional performance to increase employee engagement and redirect employees when necessary.
- Contributes to and leads the team on delivering customer service consistently by engaging talent, and encouraging positive customer interactions.
- Consistently models the brands customer service standards while coaching others to success.
- Promotes customer service consistently by engaging talent, encouraging positive customer interactions, and maintaining a ready all day store presentation.
- Effectively analyzes all aspects of business and takes necessary action to drive results.
- Responsible for leading and executing an assigned Division of Responsibility (DOR) through planning and detailed follow through.
- Performs Leader on Duty responsibilities by driving results and providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Effectively manages payroll and creates schedules to maximize sales and productivity.
- Protects company assets through a consistent level of customer service, education, and operational controls.
- Prioritizes for self and team use of all company tools to plan, monitor, and report completion of tasks and progress on key performance metrics.
- Builds customer loyalty through execution and coaching of the team on program benefits.
- Maintains company standard of a neat, clean, organized store.
- Monitors and adheres to all safety regulations and policies as directed by the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school degree or GED minimum requirement, BS/BA degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of store management experience
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated customer engagement kills
- Ability to communicate effectively to customers, team, and supervisor.
- Must be able to build relationships in order to foster teamwork and develop partnerships.
- Ability to lead, direct and execute multiple tasks concurrently
- Basic computers skills
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a ladder.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Regular work frequency is required to remain an active employee.
- Availability changes must be approved by the Store Manager and will be reviewed based on business needs.
- Eight hour shifts and an average of 38 - 40 hours per week: including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- A minimum of two closing shifts a week based on business needs.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR13582