Store Manager - CR1101
If you are a CURRENT Carter’s employee, you MUST apply through the Internal Career Link within the My Career & Performance app in Workday. Do not apply using the below external application.
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
The Store Manager is responsible for maximizing sales and profits by achieving and exceeding Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets. They manage store operations to meet brand standards, and through leadership of their store team ensure we provide exceptional customer service while creating a positive, fun and outwardly-friendly environment.
As a Store Manager, your primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide exceptional customer service and shopping experiences for our customers; be a strong brand ambassador through knowledge and understanding of our products
- Plan and prioritize, manage and measure work
- Meet and/or exceed all company set sales and operational goals
- Communicate field and/or market data to the appropriate department leaders
- Drive sales through leadership and coaching on the sales floor
- Manage payroll through effective scheduling
- Execute all merchandising, marketing and visual presentation aspects of the store according to company directives
- Ensure product is received and processed accurately and efficiently while preserving the organization of the backroom
- Direct replenishment of product on the sales floor to company standards
- Maintain a safe and clean store environment for our team members and customers. Participate in tasks required to uphold our standard of "Grand Opening Status".
- Secure company assets through the implementation of loss prevention policies and procedures
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with company policies and procedures
- Contribute to store and region success by accomplishing related results as needed
- Recruit top talent for the store and proactively preparing to fill future positions. Effectively network and hire positive brand ambassadors.
- Manage the successful onboarding and training of new team members
- Ensure the ongoing training & development of all team members is completed according to company standards
- Manage team member performance through coaching and counseling team members. Planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. Follow up on work results
- Promote the career growth of others. Develop future store leaders.
- Model the Carter’s Company Values through their leadership and management of issues in store. Demonstrate the Carter’s Retail Leadership Behaviours.
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years’ retail management experience
- High energy, enthusiastic team leader with a proven dedication to customer service
- Results driven with a history of meeting and/or exceeding KPIs
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and team management skills. Ability to motivate others.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Outstanding visual merchandising abilities
- Working knowledge of computers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to move and replace fixtures, shelves and hardware throughout the store
- Ability to use ladders on a frequent basis
- Capacity to stand for long periods
- Availability to meet the needs of the business that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Eight hour shifts up to 40 hours per week: including evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights. A minimum of two closing shifts a week and a weekend shift.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carter’s | OshKosh is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all interested and qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any type of accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Carter’s | OshKosh est un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi et encourage tous les candidats intéressés et qualifiés à postuler. Si vous avez besoin de certaines mesures d'adaptation, n'hésitez pas à communiquer avec nous.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR16538