Supervisor (Part Time) - CR1127
If you are a CURRENT Carter’s employee, you MUST apply through the Internal Career Link within the My Career & Performance app in Workday. Do not apply using the below external application.
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
The Supervisor is a brand ambassador and acts as a "Leader on Duty" in the store, supporting the management team in the achievement of store performance goals through their outstanding customer service skills, product knowledge and strong supervisory skills.
As a Supervisor, your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing exceptional customer service and shopping experiences for our customers. Act as a brand ambassador through strong product knowledge.
- Processing customer sale transactions and accurately following cash handling procedures * Assisting customers with returns and exchanges of merchandise
- Completing store opening and/or closing procedures
- Preparing courier for head office when required
- Communicating store information to the District Manager or other functions when required
- Assisting in merchandising, marketing and visual presentation aspects of the store
- Receiving and processing company product accurately and efficiently while preserving the organization of the backroom
- Maintaining a safe and clean store environment for our team members and customers. Executing store housekeeping duties.
- Securing company assets by following all loss prevention policies and procedures
- Acting as a Team Leader through your ability to:
- Drive sales through leadership on the sales floor
- Assist with sales associate training and development
- Oversee the operations of the store in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, including daily break and meal period schedule
- Participate in creating an environment that is positive, fun, outwardly friendly and engaging for all employees
- Lead by example, demonstrate the Carter’s Company Values and ensure the compliance of all company and store policies and procedures
- Contributing to store success by accomplishing related results as needed
Experience and Skills
- Retail key-holder, team leader or supervisor experience is an asset
- High energy, enthusiastic team leader
- A history of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to motivate others.
- Working knowledge of computers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills Physical demands
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to move and replace fixtures, shelves and hardware throughout the store
- Ability to use ladders on a frequent basis
- Capacity to stand for long periods
- Regular work frequency is required to remain an active employee.
- Availability changes must be approved by the Store Manager and will be reviewed based on business needs.
- Availability to meet the needs of the business that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Scheduled working shifts from 2-8 hours in length. (applicable provincial laws apply
- Minimum number of hours is not guaranteed.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carter’s | OshKosh is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all interested and qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any type of accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Carter’s | OshKosh est un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi et encourage tous les candidats intéressés et qualifiés à postuler. Si vous avez besoin de certaines mesures d'adaptation, n'hésitez pas à communiquer avec nous.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: JR13227