Supply Chain Analyst June 2024 Executive Development Program
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
how you’ll make an impact:
The Supply Chain Analyst EDP is responsible for learning functions of multiple departments across Supply Chain Operations. The process for facilitating this will be a 6 month rotation structure; specific rotation timing and length is subject to business needs.
- 33%: Supply Chain Account Management (2 month rotation)
- Coordinate all activities associated with booking, tracking, processing, routing and shipping customer purchase orders. Actively manage flow of information and own daily decisions needed for order management for assigned accounts, including serving as primary resource for distribution network decisions needed to enable timely order shipment
- Manage communication of supply chain interruptions for assigned accounts, collaborating with Operations and Planning teams to determine optimal approach for all accounts. Ensure appropriate flow of information to sales executive and customer partners. Execute required order revisions
- Utilize reporting tools to generate reports to monitor and track logistical movement of product to final destination, analyzing and proactively communicating variances to supply chain partners and external customers. Create and publish management reports explaining orders and shipping or delivery status of customer purchase orders
- 33%: Operations Planning (2 month rotation)
- Tracking Inbound Inventory - Monitor, review and track all inbound product to ensure it is on schedule to meet the required in-DC date. Determine the business impact of any delivery issues, prioritize and communicate any issues relative to product flow as they arise.
- Production Support to ensure Coverage - Perform analysis of product slides and recommend expediting product, or even canceling product where necessary, where necessary to maximize company revenue and coverage. Assist the Operations Manager and Sr Analyst in the seasonal coverage improvement process through analysis & collaboration.
- 33%: Operations Forecasting (2 month rotation)
- Execute the forecasting process for assigned product categories and identify opportunities to improve. Includes but not limited to owning forecast consolidation across all channels & analyzing POS and Booking trend information regularly and re-mix style forecasts as customer demand changes
- Execute buying process for assigned product categories and identify opportunities to improve. Maintain appropriate buying strategies (weeks of supply, safety stock, etc.) to support brand and SBU specific service level, Days of Supply, and Open To Buy constraints as well as issue fabric commitments in order to achieve leadtimes. Purchase inventory for multiple channels(Domestic, Retail, Non-Canada International, Ecom) for area of responsibility
- Adhere to all critical calendar deliverables including Forecast Publish Dates, Fabric Commits, Buys, and Margin Roll updates
We’d Love to hear from you if: (Requirements section)
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and systems knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0(3.2 GPA or higher strongly preferred)
- Required to have graduated within 6 months of class start date
- Must be able to start in the role full time by June 2024
Preferred skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines and varying levels of ambiguity
- Strong Problem Solving skills - Analytical, process driven approach to problem solving, detail-oriented and able to perform ad hoc analysis as needed to support Sales, Merchandising, and the Operations groups.
- Collaborate broadly across the organization (Merchandising, Sales, Sourcing, International, Retail / Ecomm) and build partnerships with them Internal Liaison - Act as the point person between the Sourcing, Transportation, Order Management and Forecasting teams to ensure any issues related to on-time delivery are handled.
- Ability to work successfully as a team member or independently - resolution of issues from internal and external customers using independent judgment regarding assigned accounts, collaborative when needed
- Knowledge of fundamental Forecasting and Inventory Management principles (Supply and Demand matching, forecast error, safety stock, inventory turn, service level, open to buy management, constrained supply, etc.)
- Technical skills including intermediate Excel (MS Access a plus)
- Demonstrated capability to quickly learn new technology and systems; capacity to work effectively in multiple and complex systems with a strong attention to detail and organization
- Executive summary skills - ability to concisely communicate in meetings and presentations
OUR Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description. This role is based in our Buckhead office in hybrid/in-office environment in GA office (4 days/week)
- "In order for your application to be complete, you must complete an assessment. This assessment should take about 10-15 minutes to complete. Please note: Your application will not be fully submitted until the assessment is complete." #CartersCollege
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.