Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
- Evaluate sample for fit approval (i.e. construction, fit balance, workmanship, measurements, product safety, etc.)
- Approve product complexities based on department allocation and provide pattern correction if needed.
- Partner with Senior Technical Designer on pattern alteration suggestions to all product allocated
- Provide artwork placement details in Tech Packs
- Approve artwork placement and align with Senior Technical Designer if needed
- Communicate with Corp Design Team for artwork placement comments
- Verify details in fit tracking system to ensure information is accurate
- Attend line review meetings and highlight any potential risk from a fit/construction perspective
Vendor Management & Product Development
- Conduct fit sample reviews in vendor sample rooms
- Conduct technical audits and discuss technical solutions relates to product issues found in pre-production.
- Identify Vendor Certified Technician opportunities
- Train sample rooms technicians to familiar with company’s technical standards: Blocks, Grading Rules, PLM system, Artwork Placement
- Prepare training materials for vendors and internal partners
- Communicate with cross functional partners to resolve issues during development, including styling, construction, specs, YY, or potential upcharges
- Build Tech Pack for SBU including set component number under Senior Technical Designer supervision
- Bachelor Degree with preference in Textile, Fashion Design with minimum of 4 years in technical experience
- Previous work experience in a sourcing office for Childrenswear products and possess product safety knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of Gerber, PLM and Adobe illustrator
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to collaborate with different parties
- Excellent MS Excel Skills (Vlookup, Pivot Tables etc.)
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR14374