Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
Employee with a strong foundation in technical design skills with the ability to operate independently.
Job responsibilities include:
- Evaluate sample for fit approval (i.e. construction, fit balance, workmanship, measurements, product safety, etc.) and update sample log daily.
- Escalate construction and grading issues to Senior Technical Designer or Senior Technical Manager.
- Approval product complexities based on department allocation and provide pattern correction if needed.
- Partner with Senior Technical Designer on pattern alteration suggestions.
- Provide pattern correction to all product allocated and digitize where needed.
- Offer technical solutions to Vendors sample rooms prior submitting Fit samples.
- Act as a Brand gatekeeper in applying fit process and standards
- Assist in documenting process and building training materials and participate in vendor trainings.
- Communicate with vendor regarding specs and measurement sheets when changes occur while aligning with Technical Designer and Senior Technical Designer.
- Meet with vendors when facing any technical problem in development or production.
- Identify Vendor Certified Technician opportunities.
- Support Senior Technical Designer and Managers on ad hoc projects.
Top three skills of this role
- Strong Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Gerber, PLM & AI.
- Strong pattern making skills.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Minimum 4 years of technical experience.
- Textiles or Fashion Design studies, preferred (or equivalent years of experience).
- Previous work experience in sourcing office preferred.
- Ability to communicate and partner with vendors and sample room employees.
Make a career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR25671