Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated UX design & development leader who is looking to create innovative digital experiences for some of the most important purchases parents make - those for their kids. Today’s parents have so many things puling for their attention and the eCommerce team is focused on reimaging our digital experiences to alleviate some of the stressors from their everyday lives and deliver experiences that are both seamless and delightful to shop.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
As a Mid-Level Front-End Developer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the front end of our web applications. You'll work with cutting-edge technologies, including React.js, to create responsive and visually appealing user interfaces. Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring a seamless and engaging user experience for our customers.
This role typically reports into a Senior UX Manager and is a remote position.
Front-End Development (80%)
- Collaborate with the development team to translate design concepts into functional and user-friendly web applications.
- Implement responsive design principles to ensure a consistent user experience across various devices and screen sizes.
- Debug and resolve front-end issues and work closely with back-end developers to integrate user interfaces with server-side logic.
- Stay updated on emerging front-end technologies and best practices and incorporate them into the development process.
Design Collaboration (20%)
- Work closely with UX/UI designers to ensure the seamless integration of design concepts into front-end development.
- Participate in design reviews and provide valuable insights on the feasibility and implementation of design elements
- Contribute to creating prototypes and interactive components that align with user needs and design aesthetics.
We’d Love to Hear from You If:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of responsive web design principles and cross-browser compatibility.
- Proficiency in version control systems such as Git.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for staying updated on industry trends.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with e-commerce front-end development.
- Experience with Salesforce Progressive Web App (PWA) development.
- Proficiency in UI component libraries such as Chakra UI or Material UI.
- Knowledge of common React.js tech stacks used in e-commerce retail.
Out Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a Career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.