VP, Customer Activation (CRM, Customer Analytics & Personalization)
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
This innovative leader will have responsibility for the strategy and execution of a broad array of marketing initiatives focused on "keeping the customer." Responsibilities include creating innovative, data-driven customer activation marketing strategies and programs that support key business objectives and drive brand engagement and retail sales response.
This role reports to the EVP, Global Marketing & Chief Marketing Officer, manages four direct reports (30 total team members) and is based in our headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
Personalization (30%) - Develop and lead the enterprise Personalization strategy in support of all channels. Build out a full personalization vision and technical solution amongst diverse stakeholders.
- Leverage personalization data to build robust, triggers, audiences, customer journeys to drive revenue, retention, and acquisition
- Integrate personalization across all channels: email, web, app, store, media, etc.
- Partner with external vendors leading the CDP and personalization engine implementations & integrations
CRM / Customer Analytics (30%) - Facilitate the development of a unified CRM vision and solution amongst diverse stakeholders.
- Lead the company's consumer database team; continue to expand database capabilities in support of planned CRM initiatives
- Lead enterprise CRM marketing programs/initiatives including loyalty programs, customer life cycle and contact strategies; grow and optimize programs to increase customer LTV and return best sales, ROI and ROAS
- Manage strong relationships with external partners providing database infrastructure and support
Email Marketing (20%) - Develop strategic, integrated marketing plans and programs that align with the organization’s priorities: increase awareness, increase customer acquisition, and drive online traffic
- Visionary leader over the email marketing program and team; including providing strategic insight into the marketing calendar, template creation, targeting, deployment, optimization, reporting and analysis
- Lead email marketing programs for all brands to deliver on sales plans for both online and retail in a high visibility, fast paced environment
Loyalty, App & Credit Card Marketing (20%) - Drive store and site traffic and improved customer retention, frequency and life-time value through the successful development and execution of loyalty strategies. Develop and execute private label credit card strategy, marketing plans and develop goals to achieve corporate objectives.
- Develop, evaluate, and prioritize loyalty program opportunities to best direct resources and optimize the financial return on the loyalty investments and activities
- Drive innovation in loyalty offerings to provide a positive customer experience and a strong ROI by generating new ideas and using test and learn strategies to gauge performance and optimize their implementation
- Lead cross-functional efforts to drive growth through credit card program and integrate credit card initiatives into all marketing programs
- Innovate on our market leading app as the hub for customers. Move from a functional shopping app to a personalized "Passport to Parenthood" combining loyalty, shopping and content
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- 15+ years of progressive leadership experience in innovative, fast-paced marketing organizations (preferably retail)
- Advanced understanding of CRM, personalization, consumer segmentation, acquisition cost and lifetime value
- Demonstrated ability to understand retail metrics and the impacts of what drives P&L performance to ensure programs are delivering on profitable sales and consumer growth
- Decisive individual who displays effective communication, organization, analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills; not afraid to take calculated risks and offer point of view
- Demonstrated ability and success in creating retail marketing plans that have significantly moved the needle in delivering increased foot traffic, activating consumer engagement, and improving revenue streams
- Ability to apply shopper insights, input from creative and strategic partners to establish and adapt to best practices for these businesses
- High drive and ability to work quickly in a retail environment leading/managing the marketing calendar
- Ability to influence others and build strong, productive partnerships with partners; history of eliminating barriers to achieving goals by way of relationship building
- Ability to freely move between strategic activities to day-to-day tactical execution without pausing
- Financial understanding of marketing ROI and impact on the business
- Strong people leader with a passion for developing others
- Undergraduate degree required
OUR TEAM MEMBERS:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
MAKE A CAREER AT CARTER’S:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR13446