VP, Demand Generation
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
This position will have responsibility the overall customer acquisition strategy across all marketing channels for Carter’s, OshKosh, Little Planet and Skip Hop in the US, Canada and Mexico.This role will serve as a thought leader on a holistic audience strategy, partnering collaboratively with CRM, customer activation, brand marketing and other areas of the marketing team to gather consumer insights about high-priority audiences. They will leverage that insight to create and execute a demand marketing strategy to acquire new customers and capture additional share from existing customers.
This role reports to the EVP, Global Marketing & Chief Marketing Officer, manages three direct reports (total team size of 10 plus external agency partners) and is based in our headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
Audience Marketing (60%) - Lead strategy and execution to drive traffic, sales, engagement focusing on both paid media and paid social for the brands. Drive new customer acquisition from social, affiliate and display advertising, which includes, but is not limited to, banner ads, paid Facebook, paid Pinterest, dynamic product ads, and mobile ads.
- Develop strategic, integrated marketing plans and programs that align with the organization’s goals: increase awareness, increase customer acquisition, drive online and store traffic and increase customer LTV over time
- Lead media investment to drive traffic and sales both in-store and online
- Lead the day-to-day management of the core digital marketing programs by providing strategic insight into channel optimization, audience targeting and investment strategies
- Develop a marketing mix model; multi-touch attribution and last touch to connect media spend and business performance
- Lead demand generation for US Retail, Canada and Mexico
- Partner with Consumer Insights to leverage segmentation to build audience models
- Serve as strategic leader for digital marketing programs for the brands to deliver on sales plans for both online and stores in a high visibility and fast paced environment
Direct Mail (15%) - Develop, execute and strategize the annual direct marketing plan for all brands including forecasting, circulation strategy and execution.
- Develop and execute testing strategies to optimize sales and margin via customer segmentation, offers, versioning, etc. to support Carter’s business objectives
- Work with Database Marketing team and key retail and brand partners to develop segmentation strategies to optimize all direct marketing performance
- Work with key partners in eCommerce to align direct mail segmentation strategies with email
Inter-Agency Team & Process (25%) - The media agency is the leader of our Inter-agency planning process that includes our internal creative team, our PR agency and Creative/Social agency.
- Develop the process and IAT cadence for planning and executing our annual, quarterly and day to day strategies and executions.
- Lead our agency relationship with our media agency inclusive of strategy, planning, operations, billing and budget management
- Lead the overall management of the media.
- Lead annual agency contractual negotiations
- Take the lead on making sure all 3 agency are working cohesively to deliver best in class go-to-market campaigns for our brands
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- 15+ years of progressive demand marketing/media experience with multi-channel retailer or CPG company; experience with the Mom/Kid /family space a plus
- Demonstrated success in driving increased comp store & eComm traffic/sales in a retail environment
- Responsibility for managing media budget ($30+MM) and agency relationship for 7+ years
- Experience managing a high frequency, multi-channel environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation, evaluating changes in the marketplace and develop marketing strategies
- Decisive leader with demonstrated success displaying strong communication, organization, analytical, negotiating and problem solving skills; not afraid to take calculated risks and offer points of view
- Proven ability to champion ideas and influence key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with both internal and external partners; must be strong collaborator
- Proven ability to foster an environment where people seamlessly work cross-functionally to deliver outstanding results
- Proven experience leading high impact teams
- Team player, with a track record of eliminating barriers and achieving goals by way of influence and relationship building
- Financial understanding of marketing ROI and impact on the business
- Must be able to freely move between strategic activities to day to day tactical execution tactics without pausing
- Undergraduate degree required
OUR TEAM MEMBERS:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
MAKE A CAREER AT CARTER’S:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR16237