Warehouse Associate Seasonal
Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
30% Employee Discount
Potential Growth Opportunities
Employees are expected to be flexible to perform job duties outside of their normal duties and to shift to areas outside of their home department as necessary to support customer service and efficiencies.
Must be able to maintain minimum performance standards while performing assigned job functions.
Must have the ability to perform the job with the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
Must have the flexibility to modify schedule if necessary and work off regular shift.
Flexibility to work anywhere in the Distribution Center on any channel, any shifts.
The ability to use Radio Frequency (RF) equipment, voice picking technology, pick to light and other warehouse management systems.
The ability to use basic computer functions as needed.
Must have the ability to work safely and abide by all of Carter’s Safety rules and procedures.
Other tasks as assigned.
Skill set differentiators:
Autobagger - mechanical aptitude; routine maintenance skills such as changing rolls of bags, flyers, collates; clearing jams; routine minor maintenance
Picker - use RF equipment; accuracy; constant movement throughout the shift; logical mindset
Packer - detail oriented; organized; customer service orientation; able to identify errors from picking function; work in one place through the shift
Jam Runner - sense of urgency; high energy; fast physical pace - near constant movement
Inductor - precise; strong attention to detail; good vision; able to maintain a strong and rhythmic pace
Chute closer - detail oriented; good vision; fast physical pace - near constant movement
Replenisher - use RF equipment; lift cartons up to 50 lbs throughout shift; fast physical pace - near constant movement; able to multi-task
Loader/Unloader - constant physical pace; able to lift cartons up to 50 lbs throughout shift; able to handle warmer conditions inside trailers in summer
· Team player willing to perform various job duties to support the department and the facility objectives and key performance indicators.
· Proven team member with skills to multi-task.
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with others (Supervisors and co-workers).
· Basic math and reading skills.
· Must have the ability to abide by all of Carter’s policies and procedures and know, understand and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures.
· High school diploma or a GED preferred, not required.
Six months in an automated distribution center environment preferred
· Must be available to work in a multi-channel, multi-shift distribution environment, flexible to work different shifts and extended hours based upon business needs.
· Must be able to stand and work for long periods including daily overtime, holidays and overtime as required.
· Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
· Must be able to repetitively lift cases weighing up to forty pounds.
· Must be able to work in varying temperatures.
· Holiday schedule to be decided by Management.
· Must be available to work overtime during peak periods including days off of normal shift.
Comply with Blackout Periods (no vacation or personal time allowed) as determined by Management.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.