Serving the needs of all families with young children, Carter’s Inc. is the largest North American apparel retailer exclusively for babies and young children, encompassing Carter’s, OshKosh B’gosh, Skip*Hop and Little Planet brands. Meaningful work, constant learning, genuine people, and a community guided by core values that promote inclusion and innovation is in everything we do. There are many reasons to build your career at Carter's.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
The planner is responsible for supporting the account executive with development, execution, and communication of strategic plans that will drive growth for our business. This role reports directly into the VP of Sales Planning & Forecasting and is based in our Atlanta office in our on-site work environment.
70% Develop strategic merchandise and financial plans
- Build, execute, and communicate plans that support the merchandising, marketing, and financial objectives for Kohl’s
- Develop retail ladder plans; analyze current and historical trends against LY
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by department and classification. Communicate risk and propose corrective action
- Complete various support requests from senior leadership and sales leaders which often have short deliverable time-frames
30%: Manage account planning process to achieve or exceed revenue and profitability goals
- Monitor and review end of season retailer performance, profitability and suggest actions to reduce retailer markdowns and maximize margin
- Strive to improve quality of information, analytical techniques, processes and systems
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to other functional areas of the business
We’d Love to Hear from You if:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Retail or Wholesale planning role
- Experience in planning principles (including forecasting), financial budgeting, etc.
- Proven ability to analyze complex datasets and synthesize into actionable insights within Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment, quickly adjusting to new circumstances and challenges with a high level of productivity and accuracy
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and present complex ideas and strategic initiatives to internal/external partners at all levels
- BS or BA degree
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and provide insightful perspectives on the business
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and work cross-functionally with Sales and Merchandising, as well as external accounts
- Previous experience in retail apparel industry and/or the children's business sector
Our Team Members:
- Lead Courageously: Have a strong sense of personal values that align with our Company values
- Collaborates Broadly: Build cooperation, trust, and thrive in a consensus driven environment
- Customer Focus: Proactively seek opportunities to leverage data and fact-based insights to serve customers and/or internal clients
- Drive Growth: Set aggressive goals and implement plans precisely
- Cultivates Innovation: Respectfully challenge the "we’ve always done it this way" mentality and explore new ways to achieve desired outcomes
Make a Career at Carter’s:
- Career Development: Success starts from within, and we have several paths from which you can choose to enhance your career evolution. From Carter’s University to Toastmasters to mentorship programs and more, we encourage you to utilize these tools to elevate your professional prowess.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.