Yard Driver-2nd Shift-Mon-Thurs 6p-4:30a
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Baby Clothing, Kids Clothes, Toddler Clothes | Carter's
Shop for baby clothing, baby necessities and essentials at Carters.com, the most trusted name in baby, kids, and toddler clothing. Shop our selection of cute baby & kids clothing.
Essential Job functions (Tasks, duties and responsibilities most important for the Job)
- Must be able to maintain minimum performance standards while performing required job functions.
- Place full trailers/containers into the receiving dock doors and move empty trailers/containers to the loading dock doors.
- Place empty trailers/containers into the loading dock doors and seal and remover loaded trailers.
- Must be able to use a trailer scale to weigh loads and seal trailer.
- Maintain tracking log for trailer moves and dock assignments.
- Coordinate traffic with Loss Prevention/Security.
- Maintain tracking log of yard inventory.
- Conduct audits of yard Inventory.
- To possess skill set to optimize flow so that all operations have their respective utility needs met while maintaining a clean work environment inside and outside of facility.
- Participate fully in facility Safety initiatives.
secondary functions (IF APPLICABLE - ANY DUTIES NOT CONSIDERED ESSENTIAL)
- Other tasks as assigned; may include assisting with General Distribution Warehouse functions.
knowledge, skill and ability requirements minimum compentencies required for job performance)
- Basic working knowledge of computers, RF Scanners and Warehouse Management systems.
- Proven team member with skills to multi-task.
- Proficient reading skills.
- Must have the ability to abide by all of Carter’s policies and procedures, specifically the attendance policy.
- Must know, understand, and follow all Standard Operating Procedures.
prior work experience and education requirements
- High school diploma or a GED.
- 1-3 years of yard driver experience preferred.
- Must be available to work in a multi-channel, multi-shift distribution environment, flexible to work different shifts and extended hours based upon business needs.
- Must be able to stand and work for long periods including daily overtime, holidays and overtime as required.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Must be able to repetitively lift cases weighing up to forty pounds.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures.
- Holiday schedule to be decided by Management.
- Must be available to work consecutive days in a row (for example 14+ days).
- Comply with Blackout Periods (no vacation or personal time allowed) as determined by Management.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR11662